Monday, March 4, 2013

Marvelous Mondays!

I'm just going to go ahead and say it...Mondays suck. They just do. I'm never prepared for them. I'm pretty sure everyone has sort of a grudge against that dreaded beginning of the week. But, I'd like to propose a challenge---how about we find the marvelous things that occur on Mondays? I'm certainly going to try. Sometimes I may post about it here, some days I may not. But for a start...this Monday is marvelous because I don't have class until 12:40 which means my morning is composed of sitting on my couch in my pjs drinking coffee and reading. By the way, I'm reading "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay" by Michael Chabon and so far, I'd recommend it. My sister and my dad read this Pulitzer Prize winner and they had nothing but praises for the novel. Its a long one and I don't have a ton of time to read it, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless. A brief summary: (keep in mind this is coming from someone only 250 pages in haha) Two cousins come together in the 1930's to write a comic book about a character called "The Escapist." That's the long and the short of it, I suppose. 
Also, just to make your Monday a little more marvelous...here's a little song to get you through the day. I love Brooke Waggoner. I'm pretty sure I've shared her music here before. (I've maybe even posted this song before, I'm not sure haha) Enjoy folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment