Monday, March 25, 2013

Another Marvelous Monday!


A marvelous monday it has been! I slept in until 8:00 (I know, doesn't seem like very late but believe me it is!) and promptly went about my morning in the best ways I know how. I have a voice lesson at 11:30 and class after that, so Mondays and Wednesdays are my chill mornings. I got to read and drink a cup of tea while watching the snow flurries outside. Snow. In March! For a southern gal like me, this weather is almost unheard of, but I'm trying to appreciate it and be thankful nonetheless. 
Thankfulness. This is something I've really been trying to focus on lately. Its so easy for me to take my circumstances and complain about them. I complain on twitter. I complain on tumblr. I complain to my friends. I just complain a lot. Lately I've been trying to have a positive attitude and focus on the good things. I guess you could say that I'm trying to find the silver lining in everything. I find that when I seek the good amidst the terrible I am much happier. So here's to a happier semester! 
Okay, sorry about that little tangent, its just been on my mind! I've been reading a great deal these days. Last night I finished Wildwood by Colin Meloy, the lead singer of The Decemberists. It was an okay read--if you want my full review and opinion check out my goodreads profile. Today I went to the library to pick up a few books to tide me over until I can go home and grab my copy of the second book in the Wildwood series. I'm having a lot of fun making time to read again. It was such a big part of who I was as a child and even through high school, but it college sort of took over and didn't allow me to read like I used to. I'm trying to get off the internet and read more. So far its proving to be quite rewarding. 
I'm finishing up this marvelous monday sitting in my favorite coffee shop, drinking my usual hazelnut latte, listening to the Local Natives, and procrastinating on my toxicology research paper. I hope you all are having the loveliest day! And remember to find at least one good thing in the middle of the hectic and the mundane parts of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment