Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things...

I'm so glad that I'm back to blogging! And now for a few of the things I'm LOVING right now...

Isn't this space so inspirational? Madeline and I will be moving into our first apartment next week, so I'm gathering decorating inspiration! I totally want to recreate this look!

Speaking of our new apartment...I'd be a happy lady if I could fill it to the brim with vintage Pyrex dishes! I'm getting to be obsessed! The bottom picture showcases the two bowls I picked up at a thrift store the other day (and a pretty polka dot scarf as well haha). Aren't they dreamy? Its not a collection like the picture above, but its a start. 
Gossip Girl. Seriously, I used to make fun of people for watching this show, but no joke its great! I love the clothes, the stories, New York...its all just wonderful. I finally finished all the seasons only to be completely caught up in post Gossip Girl depression. So much so that I've been watching fan girl videos of Chuck and Blair on youtube and reblogging gifs on tumblr. Yes, I've stooped to that level.

It doesn't help that I'm completely smitten with Ed Westwick. I mean...he's Chuck Bass.



Who's ready for fall fashion? This gal! I've been pinning and reblogging several outfits that I would love to recreate! These are a few of my favorites. I know that my fall wardrobe probably won't see the light of day until October when the temperature lets up a little...but still a girl can dream can't she? 

Remember that time that I waited until The Dark Knight Rises to become interested in Batman? Well, true story. While at work (camp), we decided to see the movie on a night off. I of course, walked into that movie knowing nothing about Batman and never seeing any of the movies before. All that to say... I completely fell in love. I've since gone back and watched the other movies in the trilogy and I'm obsessed. I especially loved Anne Hathaway as Cat Woman. (I know the picture is the retro Catwoman, I just thought I'd credit Anne for her wonderful acting. Meow)

I'm also still on a HUGE Kings of Leon kick. Like seriously, who knew that they would make my favorites list after so many years... Give this song a listen though, its worth your while. It will also wish that you were his lover and you were having his baby. But really though.


3 comments:

  1. so much to love! those cat girl pictures! and i used ot have melmac dishes like that in college.

    also, i dunno if i have ever said this, but i love your blog name

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails // current giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love squirrels, so I thought the blog name was appropriate haha. I'd love to have some melmac dishes from the 50's. I've got my eye on several sets on etsy.

      Delete