Monday, November 7, 2011

Girl Put Your Records On

So instead of Music Mondays, where I share a song I'm loving I thought I'd share about something else music related. One of the saddest parts of college (I'm one for dramatics) is that I don't have my record player here with me. I have a beautiful Crosley turntable and love it, however, I didn't think I'd have room for it here in the dorm. But my roommate and I were talking and we think some space can be spared for the sake of vinyl.
As a music enthusiast I appreciate all forms of music. I dig mp3s, cds, tapes, and yes classic vinyl. I like the sound of a record. You know the distorted kinda scratchy sound. Love it! I always feel like I'm in the 1950's when I'm listening to my records. I realized this week that there are lots of records I really want for Christmas this year.
First up on the ole wishlist would be the She and Him Christmas album. I will sheepishly admit that I have listened to it probably 30 times already and its not even Thanksgiving! But She and Him are one of my favorite bands and this would be a great album on vinyl.
The National- High Violet. I didn't even know this was released on vinyl! This is a must have! I mean, can't you just hear that rich voice on a record? Ah, it would be heavenly!

I'll never forget the time when I found a mint condition record of my favorite Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young album. I feel like having this Fleet Foxes record would be somewhat equal to that experience.

This is one of my favorite albums of all time! I was skeptical about how electro music would sound on vinyl, but I bought the postal service album a year ago and it was awesome! So I feel like this would be a cool album to have on vinyl too.

I still have lots more vinyl wants, but you can find them (along with the ones I already posted) on my pinterest. Happy Music Monday folks!




No comments:

Post a Comment